At Milcom Supply we are home to all kinds of hard to find fasteners. We love everything about fasteners and are experts on thousands of kinds. We read an article recently about a new design of fastener made by Pen Engineering that is very fascinating and something that could be very useful in many of your home or work related projects. Check it out.
PennEngineering®’s new PEM® VariMountT
fastening system utilizes self-clinching technology and a round steel
or stainless steel base plate that makes for easy assembly when mounting
onto any rigid material or panel, including composites, plastics, and
metals. The pre-installed PEM fastener is permanently attached to the
base plate, allowing for security without additional welding. The size
of the radial holes in the base plates are designed to
accept universally standard diameters of rivets, self-clinching
fasteners, and loose hardware including nuts, bolts and screws. The
assembly can then be fastened or bonded to assorted panel types in a
variety of ways:
Mounting methods with PEM® VariMountT fastening system:
- Base plate provides generous footprint for surface or mold-in mounting.
- Radial holes in base plates encapsulate adhesives or molded plastics.
- Radial holes accept standard sized rivet diameters.
- Radial holes accept standard sized self-clinching fasteners.
- Assemblies can be mounted on front or through back of panels.
- Self-clinching fastener technology permanently holds fastener to base plate.
- A variety of fasteners are available.
Read more at: http://bit.ly/1ThIz9b